|COORDINATING BENEFICIARY: CETAQUA, WATER TECHNOLOGY CENTER|
CETaqua integrates, manages and executes research projects aimed at proposing innovative solutions to companies, society and the administrations to solve environmental and technological problems linked to management of the complete water cycle. The founding partners of CETaqua are: Aguas de Barcelona (AGBAR), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) and Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
The main objective of CETaqua is to contribute to research and development of technologies related to the complete water cycle, promoting synergies between companies, research centres and universities.
Additional efforts are directed to provide research and development support and experience to the public and private sector; to strengthen cooperation to improve the development activity in RTD in time, cost and quality, through cooperation with other partners; and increase the collaboration with third organizations related to the water businesses, including the private and the public sector. The main areas of activities of the centre are the alternative water resources, as desalination and reuse; crisis management (floods and droughts) and global change; advanced water treatments; sludge management and odour control; operational cost management; and implementation efforts on the compliance of the water framework directive development.
|ASSOCIATED BENEFICIARY: CRAHI (CENTRE DE RECERCA APLICADA EN HIDROMETEOROLOGIA) – UPC (UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE CATALUNYA).|
The CRAHI-UPC focuses its activity on providing scientific and technological support in the area of hydrometeorological management and forecasting, particularly on developing models of the processes that drive the cycle of surface waters. It operates within a framework that fosters the creative and innovative spirit of the group's researchers.
The main objectives are:
1. To develop algorithms and integrated hydrological and meteorological models for forecasting hydrological resources.
2. To develop hydrometeorological decision support systems adapted to the water cycle management in the Mediterranean region.
3. To provide analytical, numerical and experimental support to the organizations and companies in the water sector. Its aim is to develop and design innovative solutions to new problems related to water, i.e. quantification of water resources, flood risk assessment and prevention, weather forecasting, development of decision-making support systems, quantification of weather impact, etc.
4. To train researchers in the design of operational solutions in the field of hydrometeorology.
5. To become a motor for the development of a culture of innovation among the organizations and companies in the hydrologic and meteorological sectors and to become a key reference for technology transfer.